Saturday, May 7, 2011

Book 6: Chapter 7 (My version)

Book 6 isn't out yet so I am going to post my own version of the things that might happen. I do not own Skulduggery Pleasant. Derek Landy does. Sorry if I destroy your favorite characters. I'm not that great of a writer. What happens here is what I think should happen, to some degree. Kind of.
Chapter 7

“Where’s China?” Skuduggery asked, “I can’t find the book I’m looking for.”

Valkyrie scowled but seemed unable to keep it on her face. It was probably because of that little bit of magic that Jay her performed. No one answered him so he got up and started to look around. He went over to her apartment and knocked. No one answered so he walked in. There he saw Lord Vile. He pulled his gun out of his coat but before he could fire a shot, Vile disappeared. Skulduggery swore and Vlakyrie and Fletcher ran in behind him.

“What’s going on?” she asked.

“He took China. Vile took China.”

At that second Skulduggery felt like crying. It was all too damn difficult. How could he keep up with the world now that China was gone? China. He almost sobbed but then caught sight of Valkyrie. She looks scared he thought. Val never looks scared. Fletcher looked terrified but he paled every time anyone mentioned clowns so Skulduggery wasn’t that worried about him.

“So, what do we do?”

Valkyrie’s petulant voice pierced through his mental cloud. What did they do? He was a detective. He would follow the clues and find China. No matter what it took. He had to find her.

“Well, we think. Why would Vile want China?”

“Bait,” Valkyrie said.

“Wait, wait, wait. Bait? China? Why would anyone be stupid enough to do that?” Fletcher asked.

Skulduggery thought about it.

“Because he had no other choice. As a teleporter you would be hard to catch, as a Necromancer, Valkyrie would be hard to catch. If we assume that he was trying to bait me then why would he kidnap me? Ghastly has too much protection detail and it was obvious that Vile wanted to get in and out without being seen or causing commotion. Kidnapping an Elder might be a little too conspicuous. Just saying.”

Valkyrie shook her head.

“He was trying to bait me. I know it. He wants a battle. Wreath told me that he might come to reclaim his title of Death Bringer. The only one stopping that is me.”

Skulduggery snapped his head up and said, “When were you planning on telling me this?”

She had started hiding things from him ever since she had discovered that she was Darquesse. She was hiding the things Wreath told her and the reason that she had collapsed in the library. Skulduggery was worried that when it really mattered she wouldn’t come to him and he wouldn’t be able to help.

“You can’t hide these things from me. I need to know so I can help.”

“I don’t need your help I can deal with these things on my own. Okay?”

Skulduggery stared at her and shook his head.

“What else are you hiding from me?” he asked unable to keep the annoyance out of his voice.
“Nothing.”

Skulduggery shook his head.

“I’m going to find China.”

No comments:

Post a Comment