Thursday, May 19, 2011

Book 6: Chapter 17 (My version)

Okay, so not that much action in this one either but things are getting interesting. It's called suspense and also I wasn't quite sure where the story was going. Now I think I know but I still have to write it.

Chapter 17

Tanith looked guilty. They were standing over Jay, who still hadn’t woken up after twenty four hours. Ghastly was doing his Elder stuff and Skulduggery and Valkyrie were collecting information on Vile. They had scoped out the bottom of the church, this time with an army of Cleavers and Tanith, Ghastly, Fletcher, and Valkyrie, and they had found it completely empty. The only sign that they had been there in the first place were the bodies of the three Hollow Men that Jay had killed. They had no way of finding Vile until Jay woke up to do her tracking spell thing. Fletcher sat across from Tanith as she looked down at Jay.

“It’s not your fault, you know. I mean she was only helping you because you were taken over by the Remnant and that’s not your fault.”

Tanith didn’t look up.

“I know but still, she risked so much for me and she didn’t even know if it would work. When will she wake up?”

“Last time she passed out, she hadn’t used as much magic, I don’t think. I mean she was able to stay awake for a little longer. She was out for two days. You should have seen her eat after that. She ate three servings of pasta.”

Tanith shook her head. Suddenly, Valkyrie burst into the door.

“We have to wake her up!”

“What? How? Why?”

“Because, we found Vile and we have to attack before he realizes that we’ve found him.”

“Ah, and we need her because…”

“Because she would want to be there and she would be a good ally, fighting the Hollow Men.”

“Well, how do we wake her up?” Tanith yelled.

Everyone drew back in surprise. Tanith was not happy.

“Mmmmh.”

Everyone looked at the bed where Jay was stirring. She sat up slowly, her eyes still, closed. She stretched and yawned. Then she opened her eyes… and jumped, yelling.

“Ahhhh! What are you doing in my room? Why is everyone in my room?”

“You seem to have a lot of energy.”

Jay nodded and jumped out of bed, shooing them away. They stood outside of her door for a few minutes. She walked out dressed in her regular leather jacket and jeans. She did a double take when she saw them all there and sighed.

“What do you want?”

“Well, we found Vile and so we wondered if you wanted to fight. Also, why are you so awake? Last time it took you two days to wake up and even then you were drowsy and boring.”

Jay laughed.

“Yes, well, you see last time, I used my magic, which is what made me faint. This time, I took your magic so that wasn’t why I fainted. The reason I fainted was heat stroke. Holding that much energy in me warmed me up, inside so I fainted. As soon as I cooled down I was fine. I’m hungry. Is there food?”

“Pasta?” Fletcher asked and Jay hit him on the arm.

“So is there a plan for getting Vile?”

Jay asked over some breakfast of toast and jam.

“Yes, Valkyrie, Skulduggery, Tanith and maybe ten Cleavers all attack Vile, while Fletcher and you as well as anyone else who wants to come along attack any Hollow Men or other minions that are hanging around. Considering that it’s Vile, we have to expect zombies, and vampires at least and probably also some evil demons. We’ll find out there.”

Jay nodded brightly, responding to Skulduggery’s tone.

“So we go in, kick some evil butt and then leave, unscathed as heroes.”

“That’s the plan, of course things will go terrible, horrible wrong so I suggest preparing to, I don’t know, mourn or die possibly.”

Jay laughed and took a bite of her toast.

“I think her magic fried her brain,” Fletcher observed.

No comments:

Post a Comment