Monday, May 2, 2011

Book 6: Chapter 2 (My version)

Book 6 isn't out yet so I am going to post my own version of the things that might happen. I do not own Skulduggery Pleasant. Derek Landy does. Sorry if I destroy your favorite characters. I'm not that great of a writer. What happens here is what I think should happen, to some degree. Kind of.
Chapter 2



A 1954 Bentley R-Type Continental was pulling up into the driveway of the house that Fletcher had brought Jay to. She knew enough about the Skeleton Detective to have put together the pieces. His dark haired companion was in the other room, kissing Fletcher and the detective’s most prized possession had just pulled up into the driveway. This must be his house she realized with a jolt.
The detective got out of the car and walked toward the house. Jay followed his movements. They were smooth and graceful for someone so tall and lanky. He opened the door and put his hat on the hat stand. Then he turned and saw her. She was leaning with her back against the window pane. Fletcher and Valkyrie had left the room a few minutes before, so it was only her and the skeleton.
“Hello,” he said in a voice as smooth as velvet, “I am Skulduggery Pleasant and you are…?”
Jay stared at him for a few seconds before answering. He was interesting to watch because he had no skin or muscles. The way he looked when he moved was different than normal people.
“My name is Jay Paragon. I’m Fletcher’s sister. He decided that I should help you guys save the world. I agreed as long as fighting Vile is not required.”
“Paragon, eh? Model, epitome, quintessence, shining example.”
Jay grinned. Not many people knew what her last name meant.
Skulduggery nodded. “Valkyrie,” he called and a few seconds later she walked into the room hand in hand with Fletcher. Her face was a little flushed.
“Yeah?” she asked.
“I’m going to China’s since I have no new leads. Vile is very good at hiding if he has to. If she knows anything, I’ll come and get you. If she doesn’t I’ll do some research on Remnants. Do you want to come or are you having a good time here?”
Valkyrie looked at Fletcher for a second and then said, “I think I’ll stay.”
“China? China Sorrows a.k.a. The Most Beautiful Woman in the World? The collector?” Jay asked.
She had always wanted to meet Miss Sorrows for two reasons. One, she wanted to see if she was really that pretty and two, she wanted to see her collection. Jay loved books. She loved reading them and she loved learning from them. China had some of the most amazing books in the world and Jay had to read some of them. She might even have some books on pure magic. There was no one for Jay to learn form since it was such a rare ability. She would love to see some of those books.
“Yes, that’s her,” Fletcher said, his brow crinkling adorably. Even though he was her brother, Jay couldn’t help noticing how handsome he was, even if he was a little stupid.
“Can I go then?” Jay asked.
“Why do you – “
“Sure, why not.” Skulduggery said, interrupting Fletcher. Fletcher glared at him. Skulduggery walked away.
“Bye, guys,” she said, giving them a little wave and a coy wink.

No comments:

Post a Comment