Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Shockwave 12

Kia's expression as the wind whipped off her disguise was surprise but only for a second before it changed to a maskof annoyance.
"Kia, what are you doing?" Skulduggery asked. Kia just glanced at him before turning to try to leave again. Valkyrie, still a little out of breath whipped her shadows at herand grabbed her ankle again. Kia's glare was dangerous. Valkyrie would never have thought Kia capable of making that face.
"Wait, a second Kia. We thought that you were leaving the magic world."
"I tried, didn't I? But you probably know that it's not that easy to do. No matter what I did, I'd seen too much. Mr. Tiny came to see me and I told him the same thing I told the bow-tie guy but he wouldn't lay off, you know. I guess he was just trying to protect me or whatever but honestly it would have been better if he'd left well enough alone. Also, I saw some vampires. It was day-time so they didn't do anything to me but I wanted to kill them, you know. Anyway, I tried living normally for about a week but I had to give up after the thrid set of Cleavers came by. I told them that I didn't want their help and they left but I think Mr. Tiny kept sending them back. Either way, I finally decided to leave. You know my dad, in his will, left me over half a million dollars? I had no idea he had that kind of money. Anyway, I went to England, lived there for a while and no one bothered me, that is until someone, somehow found out that I had magic. I don't know how they found out but after that the British Sanctuary tried to send me back to Ireland. The only reason I wasn't sent back was 'cause I met this woman there, she did magic and she helped me out. She told me that once you're in the magical world, it's hard to get out again and that the best thing to do in my situation was to learn to control my magic. She's the one who told me where I could get these guards. They're unbreakable, you know. Powerful stuff. Anyway, that was about a month ago. Since then, I've been doing my own thing."
"Does your own thing involve attacking us?" Valkyrie asked, in annoyance. Her stomach still ached from the hit.
"No, you were never my target. You just happened to get in my way. Please be aware that if I had wanted to kill you, I could."
"Your target was the vampires," Skulduggery said.
"Yeah, so what?"
"Why? We had already taken them captive. They wouldn't hurt anyone any more."
Kia shook her head and let out a strong breath. It looked like she was doing her best not to punch Skulduggery again.
"Vampires. Are. Evil," she said.
"Well, thanks for the news flash but we had already subdued them."
"It doesn't matter. All vampires should just die you know? Even if you take them captive, they're not like other criminals where they might, I don't know, see a change in their ways. Since the day they were bitten, they were doomed, easy and simple as that. Putting them in a cell only wastes space. No matter what we do, vampires are evil and they deserve death. So I killed them."
"They weren't going to hurt anyone anymore."
"Yeah, well they weren't going to help anyone either. They would just sit in a cell, cursing your name. That's all there is to it." She turned on heel, after giving them one more harsh glare. Valkyrie was about to stop her but Skulduggery shook his head. Kia walked to the nearest building and jumped up to the top of it, leaving another crater on the ground behind her. A few minutes later, the Cleaver van pulled up and three Cleavers jumped out. They were about to help the vampires into the vans when they realized that they were already dead.
"They got to be too hard to deal with. Sorry for calling you all out here. May as well take them now that you're here," Skulduggery said. One of the Cleavers probably noticed the slightly strained note to Skulduggery's voice.
"Are you injured?" he asked.
"Just a little. Nothing I can't mend on my own. One of the buggers backhanded me and broke a few ribs. Anyway, thank you for your help."
The Cleavers nodded and finished loading the vampires into the van. Valkyrie saw that the knives were missing. Somehow, Kia had managed to pick them up during the fight. As the gray van pulled away from the curb, Valkyrie asked Skulduggery,
"Is she going to be alright?"
"I think so. I mean she was able to deal with us relativly easily and we are probably some of the best. She's gotten strong, though I'm getting curious as to how her magic works."
Valkyrie thought about it.
"It's kind of like a shockwave isn't it? Like she releases a blast of something from her hands."
"And feet. I think that was how she made that hole over there when she jumped. She used that shockwave thingy to slow her fall."
"She beat you up."
"You too."
Valkyrie sighed.
"I feel like she changed a lot from the last time we talked. Or is it just me?"
"No, she defenitely changed a little but if you think about it, her father died and she was randomly thrown into this world of magic. I don't think anyone can stay the same after something like that."
"Still I'm worried about her."
Skulduggery nodded.
"Let's go."

No comments:

Post a Comment